Poached eggs are a breakfast staple but boy can they be hard to make.
And prices at the cafe tend to be a little dear considering they are, well, eggs!
If you love poached eggs and want to enjoy them in the comfort of your home, you can actually make them yourself.
Here is the most useful and amazing kitchen trick you can try!
How to poach an egg in the microwave:
Ad. Article continues below.
- Grab a mug and wet the inside with a bit of water
- Dampen some paper towel (a good sized wad)
- Break an egg into the mug and add a tiny bit of vinegar
- Put the dampened paper towel over the top of the mug
- Microwave on high for about 1.5 minutes
Remove from microwave and put in on your favourite toast or salad, whatever you prefer.
You can always put it back in if it’s not cooked. Just pour out and onto your bread…Easy!
Have you tried this trick?