Ease sore joints with this slow cooker arthritis salve
Got sore joints and a slow cooker? This homemade arthritis salve will ease your pain and last for ages!
Apply directly to your aching joints and massage in. Store in a cool, dry area.
1/2 teaspoon of each:
Ad. Article continues below.
- Ginger Root
- Echinacea Root
- St. John’s Wort
- Boswellia Serrata
- Stuff a medium sized mason jar one-thirds full with the herbs.
- Fill jar with oil of your choice (coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc.), leaving at least 2cm from the top of jar. Screw lid on tight.
- Put a cloth in the bottom of your slow cooker and put jar in the centre of the pot (on the cloth). Fill the cooker with water, 2cm below top of jar.
- Keep on low heat (oil needs to be very hot but not boiling) for three days. Water will evaporate out of the pot, so keep adding water as needed.
- As the herbs release in the oil, the oil will have more colour and smell like herb oil.
- With a cheese cloth (cotton sheet or t-shirt will work too), strain herb solids out of the oil. This oil can be used as is, or read on to make it a salve.
- To make the oil into a salve you need bees wax. You need approximately 60g of grated beeswax for 200ml of infused oil.
- On low heat, warm oil and bees wax on the stove until wax is all melted.
- Add a drop of vitamin E oil for every 10ml of oil.
- While salve is still hot, pour into your container
- Let sit over night or until salve is hard.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today