Cereal… on chicken… for dinner…. it sounds ridiculous but this surprisingly tasty recipe is a great way to mix up the routine meals and is so quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to season.
- Combine milk and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crush cornflakes and add cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- To even the thickness of the chicken breast use a kitchen mallet and pound the chicken.
- Dip chicken firstly in the egg batter and then cover in the cornflake mix.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a fry pan and fry chicken.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
Do you have a slightly unusual favourite family meal?
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here