Essential oils are the essence of the plant. Once extracted, the plants beneficial properties are concentrated into a powerful essential oil. Essential oils have been used for centuries to heal and cure disease. In fact they are referenced over 300 times in the bible. When using essential oils topically and internally as described below ensure your essential oils are from a high quality therapeutic brand. Many oils are synthetic oils or food grade essential oil, they’re not therapeutic, so you are not going to have the medicinal benefits you get from a very high quality oil brand.
Peppermint essential oil is pleasantly suitable for an abundance of oral and topical uses. It may be the most versatile essential oil in the world.
Peppermint essential oil gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body which can relieve sore muscles when put on the skin.
Research has found peppermint can improve antibiotic resistance and help heal your body from the overuse of prescription antibiotics and other chemicals that effect your body.
– For head ache relief, mix it with Lavender and either Cypress or Rosemary Essential Oils. 2 drops of each mixed and rub on upper neck to the rear of head and temples.
– Add 5-10 drops in the vacuum bag of your vacuum cleaner.
– Use 1-2 drops in your favourite tea for a hint of mint.
– Gargle 1 drop with water as a natural way to freshen breath.
Well known for its soothing, calming properties lavender is wonderful for accelerating healing time for burns, cuts, stings and other wounds. It is jam packed with anti-oxidant power.
Lavender means “to wash” in Latin. It is likely the most used essential oil globally, and for good reason, as it serves in all things calming.
Lavender essential oil is great for blood pressure and blood sugar issues and can also help balance out cortisol levels.
– Diffuse around your house to reduce feelings of stress and tension
– Sunburn relief spray. Place some drops of Lavender oil and Peppermint Essential Oil and mix with water for a great sun burn and pain healing and soothing mist spray.
– Sprinkle a few drops under your pillow to help you fall asleep
– Help to relieve anxiety by using 1 drop on your hands, rub together, and cup your hands to your face and let the smell flood your senses.
– Relaxation Bath. 20 drops Lavender Essential oil and 1 cup Epsom Salts.
Lemon is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from any part of the body and is widely used to rejuvenate energy, purify skin and kill bad bacteria. Lemon Essential Oil stands out as research has recently discovered that it carries powerful cleansing properties.
Lemon essential oil comes from lemon peel, which is the most nutritious part of the lemon, something almost no one has in their diet.
It takes approximately 45 lemons to produce a 15 ml bottle of lemon essential oil.
– Upon rising place a drop of Lemon Essential Oil in a glass of water. Which helps detox, cleanse and balance PH.
– Add 10-20 drops to your washing machine load.
– Mix a few drops of lemon oil and some boiling water to help remove burnt food from pots and pans.
– Put a cotton ball soaked in lemon oil behind the toilet for a bathroom refresher.
Frankincense could be the most powerful Essential Oil in the world.
It is well known biblically as one of the gifts given to Christ at his birth.
Frankincense Essential Oil is a powerful anti aging treatment. It has also been used with much success to treat serious health issues by reducing inflammation and improving immune function.
– Put 3 times daily directly on skin to improve sun spots and age spots.
– Diffuse in air to reduce seasonal allergies.
– Add 3 or 4 drops to your face moisturiser.
– Use after trauma to recenter and calm yourself.