Test your mental ability with these brain teasers.
1. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”
2. Rearrange the following letters so as to make the name of a living creature: B R I N O
3. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?
4. Four men can build four boats in four days. How long will it take one man to build one boat?
5. What one word means both ‘dodge’ and ‘immerse’?
6. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
7. What adjective which means ‘pertaining to citizenship’ spells the same from right to left as it does from left to right?
8. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
9. Write the following on your answer sheet and, by inserting two full-stops and a question mark, make the meaning clear.
That that is is that that is not is not is that not so
10. What two four-letter words pronounced the same but spelled differently mean ‘valley’ and ‘curtain’?
11. Rearrange the following letters so that they make the name of an article of furniture: C H O C U
12. By eliminating one letter in each of four words in the following sentence, a new sentence of an entirely different meaning will remain.
They heard meat was stewed.
13. If a hen and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many eggs will seven hens lay in six days?
14. There is a monosyllable which, if you add to it a single letter, becomes a word of three syllables. What is it?
15. What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?
Are you a genius? How did you do?
Find out the answers here.