Gas and bloating can be so uncomfortable and sometimes can feel like it won’t let up. If you’re feeling cramped, swollen or generally unwell, did you know there are some at-home remedies that could relieve you?
Here are 10 of the best ways to relieve gas and bloating. What works for you?
Chamomile is great at eliminating gas so why not try it in a strong tea? It’s said to produce amazing, immediate results.
2. Dandelion greens
Dandelions? Yep. They find bloat and gas well because dandelion greens are a diuretic tha
Pineapple breaks down food naturally, making it easier to digest.
Ginger is very calming and works well in aiding digestion by calming it.
Cinnamon is great at cutting through fat and stops flatulence.
Raw peppermint leaves will digest your food better and can aid in stopping bloating if you’re prone to it.
7. Raw honey
This stuff is liquid gold and is great for so many things, particularly its gas fighting abilities!
Fennel can reduce inflammation of your stomach and intestines so you can absorb your food.
This Korean spice mix of fermented vegetables is high in fibre and gives off good bacteria which will make your gut happy.
Want relief from gas and constipation? Flaxseed can help. Add it to smoothies and yoghurts for instant relief.
Gassy foods to avoid:
- Beans and lentils
- Asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and other vegetables
- Fructose – found in artichokes, onions, pears, wheat, and some soft drinks
- Lactose – milk and dairy products
- Fruits, oat bran, peas
- Corn, pasta, potatoes, and other foods rich in starch
- Artificial sweeteners found in gum, sugar-free sweets and sugar alternatives
- Whole grains, such as brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheat
Do you suffer from flatulence, bloating or gas? What helps relieve your symptoms?