Zucchini and orange slab slice
Carrot and courgette cake served with a cup of tea
The hardest part of this recipe will be keeping your fingers from swiping the frosting! This is a world-class recipe but it won’t cost you. It is seriously a treat!
- 185g butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (3 small)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cups (60ml) orange juice
Ad. Article continues below.
- Grease 19cm x 29cm slice pan, line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in zucchini, juice and flour; spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven about 40 minutes. Let cake stand for 5 minutes; tun onto wire rack to cool.
- Top cake with orange frosting and, if desired, a little thinly sliced orange rind.
- Beat butter in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar and juice; beat until frosting is smooth.
Tell us, what do you think of this recipe? Will you give it a try?
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today