A light and refreshing treat, these zesty lemon and ricotta muffins are great to have on-hand.
This recipe takes the traditional lemon muffin and adds an Italian-style twist.
Easy to whip up, the combination of lemon and ricotta creates a fantastic flavour.
The ricotta cheese ensures a light and fluffy texture, that will definitely have you coming back for seconds!
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- Rind from two lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan with patty pans.
- Combine flour and sugar in bowl, mixing together until even (use a spoon).
- Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and add lemon rind, juice, yoghurt, oil and egg.
- Gently combine the dry and liquid components with wooden spoon (do not overmix).
- Spoon into muffin holes up until halfway.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon ricotta.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.