These yummy biscuits are perfect for when the grandkids come to visit. They’re easy to make and have a groovy texture.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup white choc chips (or for a bit more fun use mini M&Ms)
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup rice bubbles, extra, for rolling the biscuit mix in
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy with electric beaters.
- Add the egg and beat until combined well.
- Add flour, coconut and chocolate chips, mix slowly until just combined.
- Gently stir through 2 cups of rice bubbles.
- Place remaining 1 cup of rice bubbles into a bowl and roll tablespoons of biscuit mixture into a ball, then roll in rice bubbles to coat,
- Place on prepared tray and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.