Tropical Hawaiian-style risotto
Perfect for the warmer months. Source: Getty
With summer fast approaching, many of us are searching for tasty twists we can put on our classic recipes.
If your family loves risotto as much as ours, we’ve got a delicious recipe that will keep them coming back for more.
The best part is you’ve probably already got the extra ingredients in your fridge right now.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced ham or bacon
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced pineapple
Ad. Article continues below.
- Heat olive oil and onion in pan on medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and garlic. Stir until slightly toasted.
- Add wine and continue to stir until absorbed.
- Pour 1/3 chicken broth to mixture and stir until absorbed. Repeat until all broth is added.
- Heat some water in another pot and add and slowly to pan until absorbed.
- When rice is creamy, add ham, cheese and pineapple. Stir evenly through the mixture.
For a more tropical flavour, feel free to substitute pineapple for other fruit you love.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today