With summer fast approaching, many of us are searching for tasty twists we can put on our classic recipes.
If your family loves risotto as much as ours, we’ve got a delicious recipe that will keep them coming back for more.
The best part is you’ve probably already got the extra ingredients in your fridge right now.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced ham or bacon
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced pineapple
- Heat olive oil and onion in pan on medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and garlic. Stir until slightly toasted.
- Add wine and continue to stir until absorbed.
- Pour 1/3 chicken broth to mixture and stir until absorbed. Repeat until all broth is added.
- Heat some water in another pot and add and slowly to pan until absorbed.
- When rice is creamy, add ham, cheese and pineapple. Stir evenly through the mixture.
For a more tropical flavour, feel free to substitute pineapple for other fruit you love.