Triple-cheese broccoli, zucchini and walnut tart
Triple-cheese broccoli, zucchini and walnut tart. Source: Getty
Start a new family tradition with this delicious recipe!
This incredible tart is made up of puff pastry and a triple-cheese filling, completed with a thin layer of broccoli, zucchini, peas and snow peas, sprinkled in a walnut and honey topping.
The triple cheese filling includes ricotta, cream cheese and parmesan, all working together to make the most amazing flavour that’s sure to have you going back for seconds.
With summer almost upon us, this tart is the perfect picnic companion or a tasty light dinner on those stifling hot nights.
It’s great on its own or with a fresh garden salad on the side.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 1 1/2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets, thinly sliced
- 100g zucchini, thinly sliced
- 50g peas, washed
- 50g snow peas, cut, washed
- 250g tub smooth ricotta
- 125g cream cheese, spreadable
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C/220°C fan forced.
- Line large baking tray with baking paper.
- Join pastry sheets together to form a 24cm x 36cm rectangle, trimming where necessary.
- Place on prepared tray.
- Using a small sharp knife, score 1cm boarder around edge of pastry, be careful to not cut all the way through.
- Prick all over centre of pastry with fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- With a clean tea towel, gently press the middle of the pastry to flatten.
- Meanwhile cook broccoli in saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds or until just tender.
- Rinse under cold water, drain well.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, parmesan and parsley in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over centre of tart, top with broccoli, zucchini, peas and snow peas and spray with oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with honey.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today