We asked and you told us! Here’s a community recipe that was sent in to us by Christina Smith. It sounds delicious and she assures us her family recipe is a favourite when she serves it up. Enjoy!
- 200g Ciabatta bread
- 600g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of baby capers
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 280g roasted capsicums chopped (from your deli)
- 8 anchovies chopped
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Bunch of basil leaves
- Tear up bread and dry out in the oven/or shallow fry them till golden
- Put tomatoes into a bowl and season mix in capers onion bread and anchovies.
- Mix it all together (I use my hands).
- Stir in vinegar and 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Tear over the basil leaves and it ready to serve. Great with fish grilled meat or on its own. We love it.
Ad. Article continues below.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today