The creamiest, yummiest garlic aioli you can make at home in minutes
This creamy garlic aioli isn’t like the one from the shops – nothing beats homemade!
Ad. Article continues below.
Try out this cracker recipe for your guests this week.
- ½ small clove garlic, peeled
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 285 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 285 ml olive oil
- lemon juice
- Grind the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pestle and mortar (or a rolling pin in a metal bowl).
- Place the egg yolk and mustard in a bowl and whisk together, then add the oils a little at time.
- Once you’ve mixed in a quarter of the oil, you can add the rest in larger amounts. When the mixture thickens, add a dash of lemon juice.
- When all the oil has gone in, add the garlic then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today