Christmas is coming and that means family entertaining, hot summer days and delicious seasonal food! These Thai chicken meatballs are a great summer snack and as a bonus they’re super healthy, too. If you’ve got guests coming over, mould into small little balls an serve with sweet chilli sauce on a platter. They’ll be gobbled up in no time!
If you’re looking for a healthy lunch or dinner option, make them slightly bigger and serve with rice and a simple side salad.
- 1kg chicken mince
- 125g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Handful fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Oil for pan frying
Ad. Article continues below.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken and breadcrumbs. Season with spring onion, ground coriander, fresh coriander, chilli sauce and lemon juice; mix well.
2. Using damp hands, form mixture into evenly shaped balls that are either small enough to eat with your fingers, or large enough to use as burgers.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Pan fry the chicken balls in batches until well browned all over.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here