This slice is super easy to make and spot on with the flavour. Everything is mixed together in one bowl and then poured into the tray for baking. Feel free to add any extras you like along the way to really personalise it to your taste and add some extra bulk – try olives, capsicum, mushrooms, baby spinach or basil. Once it’s nice and golden on top, remove from the oven and serve with a side salad of mixed greens and a little olive oil and balsamic dressing, or just enjoy on its own!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 375g zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup feta, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
Ad. Article continues below.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
3. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here