What is it about lemon that makes it such a tasty option when it comes to dessert?
For this recipe, combining one of Australia’s favourite baked goods with lemon proves an irresistible combination.
These tasty lemonade scones with a zesty kick will add some extra flavour to your regular scones and may just make its way onto your regular baking schedule.
The best part is it’s a super-easy recipe, so you won’t be slaving away in the kitchen for hours.
- 325g self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup cold lemonade
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees.
- Line baking tray with paper and sprinkle with flower to prevent scones from sticking.
- Sift flower into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine lemonade and cream.
- Add lemonade mixture to flour and fold slowly until just combined.
- Roll small balls with mixture on baking tray, ensuring they don’t stick together.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden and cooked.
- Be sure to serve hot.
Like standard scones, it’s always great to serve the lemonade scones with some jam and cream or butter. Lemon marmalade works a treat but the sweet taste of a strawberry or raspberry jam is going to work well with the lemon flavour of the scone.
Also feel free to sprinkle with icing sugar to make them look even better!