Great for a quick snack, these easy-to-make mini eggplant parmigiana’s are a winner.
This incredible recipe includes crispy eggplant, topped with a delicious ricotta mixture sprinkled with mozzarella and pine nuts. The tasty ricotta mixture is made up of egg, basil, oregano and parmesan, all working together to create a marvellous flavour.
Easy to whip up, this recipe will have you coming back for seconds!
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Cut each eggplant lengthways into six thin slices.
- Spray both sides of slices with oil.
- Heat large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook eggplant, in batches, for three to four minutes each side.
- Set aside for five minutes to cool.
- Cut each eggplant slice in half crossways.
- Using two eggplant pieces at a time, and in a crisscross pattern, line prepared tray.
- Place ricotta, egg, basil, oregano and parmesan in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly among eggplant cups.
- Top with pasta sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and pine nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Stand in pan for ten minutes before serving.
Place in a platter, sprinkle with extra basil and serve!