This recipe takes the traditional zucchini fritter and adds a gluten-free twist.
The delicious zucchini mixture, made up of rice flour, gluten-free self-raising flour, halloumi, garlic, onion and lemon rind makes gluten-free taste incredible.
The best part is, it’s super easy to whip up and is a handy recipe to have on-hand for those gluten-intolerant visitors. Do note, it’s best to store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge.
For a Mediterranean kick, serve with baked tomatoes and delicious Greek yogurt.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chilled sparkling mineral water
- 1 egg
- 200g haloumi, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 spring onion, thinly slice
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flours and cumin in medium bowl.
- Whisk mineral water and egg in bowl.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture with cheese, zucchini, garlic, rind and onion.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook two tablespoons of mixture for two minutes each side. Drain on paper towel.