If you’re after a quick and healthy lunch or dinner option, this twist on an old classic is a winner.
Packed with flavour, these tasty stuffed baked sweet potatoes are sure to please the whole family. Easy to make, the recipe can be prepared ahead for a fast meal or snack that’s filled with pancetta, broccolini and shallots, and sprinkled with cheddar cheese, all inside a crispy shell.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, washed
- 100g barbecued chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 80g thinly sliced pancetta, torn
- 1 small bunch broccolini, trimmed, chopped
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup tamari almonds, chopped
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Scoop soft flesh from sweet potatoes, leaving a 5mm-thick shell.
- Add sweet potato flesh to chicken mixture, along with half the cheddar, stir to combine.
- Spoon chicken filling into sweet potato shells, pilling it high.
- Scatter over almonds and remaining cheddar.
- Spray lightly with oil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Add some parsley and enjoy!