Melted mozzarella combined with mash and bacon, what more could you want?
Bursting with flavour, these easy-to-make croquettes are a great dinner party companion and bring a perfect burst of retro flare to the evening!
The recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes — there’s no point wasting perfectly good food! To really take it to the next level, and embrace that classic ’70s vibe, serve on a tray decorated with cucumber slices and a side of sour cream. They’re so tasty, it’s impossible to only eat one!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Ad. Article continues below.
- Place mashed potatoes in large bowl.
- Stir in egg, mozzarella, onion and bacon.
- Shape mixture into three centimetre balls, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place potato balls in oil and fry, turning frequently, for three to five minutes (or, until crispy and golden).
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain.