Full of flavour, but so easy and quick to make, you’ll love this three cup chicken.
A classic Taiwanese dish, you can enjoy an authentic version at home without needing to pay top dollar.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 12-15 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-2 fresh Thai red chillies, stemmed and halved
- 1kg skin-on chicken drumsticks, thighs, and/or wings, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- Steamed white rice, for serving
Heat sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat for a minute or two. Add ginger, garlic, and chillies and cook for about 1 minute.
Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Flip chicken pieces and cook for 1 minute longer.
Add rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to a simmer.
Turn the chicken pieces every few minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in Thai basil and remove from heat. Serve immediately with rice.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today