Love a no-fuss, tangy dessert? This delicious recipe is a must-try! Light and refreshing, a no-bake tangy lemon pie is super easy to whip up and great to have on-hand.
The pie is seriously so easy, and still tastes amazing. Bursting with flavour, the incredible filling is made up of cream, sugar, butter and lemon rind and juice. The best part is, you don’t even need to turn on the oven as the pie sets in the fridge (perfect if you’re running errands all day!).
To take this recipe to the next level, decorate with candied lemon slices or icing sugar.
- 250g packet granita biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 600ml thickened cream
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 drops yellow food colouring gel
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Grease a 22.5cm base pie dish.
- Using food processor, to mix biscuits until fine crumbs form.
- Add butter. Process until combined.
- Spoon mixture over base and side of prepared dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Place gelatine leaves in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Set aside for five minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat one cup cream until firm peaks form.
- Whisk condensed milk, lemon rind and juice together in separate bowl.
- Squeeze excess water from gelatine, then place gelatine in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for one minute or until gelatine is melted.
- Add to lemon mixture. Mix well. Stir in food colouring.
- Fold beaten cream into lemon mixture, in two batches.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for six hours.
- Using an electric mixer, beat remaining cream until just-firm peaks form.
- Combine sugar and mint in a bowl then dollop pie with cream.