These homemade muffins are a family favourite.
Perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go or for a lovely tea-time snack, these scrumptious pear, coconut and raspberry muffins are super easy to whip up.
This tasty and easy-to-make recipe includes raw sugar, cinnamon, shredded coconut, pear and raspberries. Whether you use fresh or frozen raspberries, these fluffy muffins will be a hit. The best part is you can easily adapt this recipe with your favourite fruit!
It also calls for spelt flour, which has a decidedly nutty flavour and makes the muffins even more moorish. Kick back with a cuppa and dig in!
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 140g raw sugar, plus 1 extra tbsp
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small firm ripe pear, cored, grated
- 85g frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Add coconut and sugar, stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, milk and oil together.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir until just combined.
- Stir through the pear and raspberries.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin holes. Sprinkle top with extra raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.