Rich chocolate cheesecake trifle with sweet cherries
A trifle that will make you a hit with your loved ones this Christmas. Source: Getty
When it comes to trifle, it’s fair to say that’s it’s one of those desserts people either love or hate.
Some people can’t get enough of the combination of succulent flavours, while others are turned off by the mishmash of textures in the layered dessert.
While you’ll probably be eating a lot of trifle in the lead up to Christmas, it’s hard to beat this rich chocolate cheesecake trifle with sweet cherries.
If you’re the kind of person who loves to combine dark chocolate with summer fruit flavours, this is a dessert you’re going to love.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2 packets blackcurrant jelly crystals
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 900ml thickened cream
- 1/3 icing sugar
- 180g melted dark chocolate
- 420g stoneless black cherries, halved
- 280g double chocolate butter cake
- 1/3 cup brandy
- maraschino cherries
- Following instructions on pack, make jelly.
- Using mixer, beat cream cheese, 300ml cream and icing sugar until fluffy and combined.
- Add chocolate to mixture and gentle mix in.
- Ensure cherries are dry and fold into mixture.
- Cut cake into squares and place on set jelly. Splash with brandy and spread cream cheese mixture over the top. Cover in plastic and cool for 1 and a half hours.
- Using mixer, beat remaining cream until soft. Spread over trifle.
- Pour the maraschino cherries on top.
For added flavour, feel free to add dark chocolate pieces or even other berries on top. You can also dust with cocoa to make it more presentable.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today