No hot pans or electric beaters means these treats don’t require much cleaning up after, which makes them great for whipping up when you don’t feel like a long stint in the kitchen. For this reason alone, this simple recipe could become your favourite to make and everyone else’s favourite to eat. Yum!
- 250 grams plain biscuits
- 80 grams butter (melted)
- 1/2 tin condensed milk (just over 1/2 a cup)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 grams chocolate
- 3/4 cup almonds (sliced)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Place biscuits in a ziplock bag and secure the top to close. Use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, add melted butter, condensed milk, cocoa powder and biscuit crumbs. Stir together with wooden spoon.
- Grease a 18cm x 28 cm slice tin. Press mixture into base of tin. Place in refrigerator for about an hour until set.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate, almonds and 1/2 cup of coconut in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave. Make sure to stir well. Pour mixture over set base. Smooth over with a spatula. Top with remaining coconut. Put back into refrigerator and leave to cool and set. Cut into pieces and serve.