If you like to have something sweet with your cup of coffee in the afternoon, this is just the thing!
Ad. Article continues below.
These delicious caramel swirl brownies are a tasty and indulgent twist on regular brownies, and will certainly pick you up from your afternoon slump! They’ve easy enough to make just for yourself, and fancy enough to serve to visitors or to take along to a party where you’ve been asked to bring a plate. Everyone will be impressed, and you’ll be sure the plate will be empty!
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup caramel choc bits
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 380g can caramel, whisked
- Preheat oven to 160C and grease a 22cm square cake tin. Line the base with baking paper as an extra measure to stop it sticking, allowing some overhang to make removal easy.
- Heat chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until melted and well combined then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar and egg, then add flour and cocoa and stir until combined. Stir in choc bits and sour cream. Pour batter into prepared pan, then dollop with caramel. Using a knife or a skewer, swirl mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then cut into squares to serve.