School holidays are upon us once again (has another term really passed already?), and if you’re looking after the grandkids while their mums and dads are at work, you might find yourself at a bit of a loss of how to keep them entertained, or what to feed them (they really do eat an incredible amount when their day’s food isn’t rationed out in a lunch box).
This recipe will kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, as the kids will love being able to help out with the preparation, and they will love eating the fruits of their labour (even though it’s definitely NOT fruit).
With only four ingredients and no baking, it’s simple enough for even the younger ones to participate in. Your only worry might be the mess they leave behind!
- 250g packet plain biscuits (like Arnott’s Marie)
- 395g tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (45g) Milo powder
- Extra coconut, to coat
Ad. Article continues below.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs, either using a food processor, or putting the biscuits into a bag and smashing with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, place biscuit crumbs, milo, coconut, and condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Scoop up heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll balls in the extra coconut to coat. Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.