There’s nothing like a fresh scone and cream for an afternoon snack and now you can add a delicious twist to the classic sweet treat. These raspberry and white chocolate scones will give you something light to satisfy your sweet tooth. Feel free to try them with a variation of berries or with different flavoured jams to mix it up. The light snack is perfect for picnics or paired with a cup of tea or coffee and will undoubtedly leave you and all your guests wanting more!
3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
1 cup (250ml) chilled lemonade
600ml thickened cream
150g frozen raspberries
150g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Form a well in the middle of the flour to pour in lemonade and 250ml of the cream then add raspberries and white chocolate. With a flat-bladed knife, stir the mixture until the dough is soft and sticky.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface to knead the dough on. Once the dough is smooth, press into a 3cm-thick disc and use a 5cm pastry cutter to cut discs. Try putting flour on the pastry cutter for an easier cut and don’t forget to re-roll the dough for more scones.
- Place the scones on the lines tray and brush the tops of each with some of the remaining cream. Bake for 12-15mins. Make sure scones are lightly golden and sound hollow when tapped on the surface.
- Whisk the remaining cream with an electric mixer in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Serve fresh with whipped cream and your choice of spreads.