The great thing about oats is they can be used in lots of tasty and delicious recipes.
One that’s worth a try is this delicious chocolate oat crumble. Full of flavour and perfect for those morning teas or afternoon snacks when you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth, it’s a recipe that will likely become part of your regular dessert schedule. The best part is they can be prepared in less than an hour.
- 220g melted butter
- 300g brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 230g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225g rolled oats
- 300g chopped dark chocolate
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine 200g melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence in bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder with oats and add to bowl.
- Press 2/3s mixture onto greased baking dish and cool in fridge.
- Place chocolate, condensed milk and remaining butter in saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Add nuts and essence.
- Pour filling over base and crumble remaining base mixture on top.
- Cook in oven for 30 mins until crunchy and brown.
Feel free to change the flavour of chocolate to suit your taste and serve with berries for a tasty food combination. Also feel free to cut into individual bite-size pieces.