This delicious no-bake ginger fudge slice is a family favourite that was shared with us by SAS community blogger Sue Leighton.
Simple and inexpensive, this homemade fudge recipe includes a marvellous combination of cocoa, ginger, walnuts and dried fruit, layered in a rich chocolate icing.
Best of all it only takes about 15 minutes to make! Pour a cuppa and dig in.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg (beaten well)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 packet plain biscuits (Arrowroot biscuits), crushed
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped preserved ginger
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Add butter, sugar, cocoa and egg in saucepan over medium heat, bring to boil.
- Then add vanilla and ginger.
- Stir in biscuits, walnuts, dried fruit and ginger.
- Press mixture into prepared tray and allow to set in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, sift sugar and cocoa together in medium bowl. Add butter and milk.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix until ingredients are combined.
- Increase speed to medium. Beat for a further 2 minutes.
- Cover fudge with chocolate icing.
- Place in fridge for 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into slices and enjoy!