This is a delicious and easy recipe the whole family will love and it makes a great healthier alternative to those choccy biscuits come afternoon-tea time.
Filled with plenty of flavour, this incredible recipe includes a delicious oat and cranberry mixture, topped with flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds and honey – it’s so tasty! The best part is you can substitute any dried fruit to your liking and throw in whatever nuts take your fancy.
The whole and natural ingredients make it a great energy-packed slice to have on hand at home. Pour a cuppa and enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp honey, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a slice pan (18cm x 28cm) and line base with baking paper.
- Combine flour, orange rind, sugar, oats, cranberries and sultanas in large bowl.
- Place butter and honey in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until butter melts.
- Add bicarbonate of soda and boiling water and stir until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make well in centre of flour mixture. Pour in butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with almonds, pepitas and drizzle with extra honey.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.