If you’re in the mood for a summer treat, this slice has you covered. Packed with tangy passionfruit and oodles of condensed milk, it’s a sweet treat that’s a surefire crowd pleaser every time. The simple base uses coconut for that added burst of flavour and can be whipped up in as little as five minutes, while the topping screams tropical goodness.
The slice is made in two parts, with the base baked in the oven first before the topping is poured over and the entire slice is left to set in the fridge. Once set, cut into squares and store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Leave the slice to rest on the kitchen bench for a couple of minutes before serving to let it soften a little.
Dish it up for afternoon tea and enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 125g butter, melted
- 395g condensed milk
- 170g passion fruit pulp, in syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line and grease a slice pan.
- Mix together the sugar, coconut, self-raising flour and butter until combined.
- Press the base into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, then remove to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix the condensed milk and passionfruit pulp in a bowl.
- Spread mixture over the cool slice base and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Chill the slice in the fridge until the icing is hard.
- Cut the slice into squares to serve.