Looking for something delicious, creamy and easy to make for a warm winter dinner this week? This sweet sausage hot pot is so tasty, we want seconds!
Ingredients (can be halved)
- 12 beef sausages
- 2 large carrots
- 3 onions
- 1 packet french onion soup
- 1 large can apricot nectar
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- Lentils and chickpeas (optional)
Ad. Article continues below.
- Cut sausages into 1cm pieces. Brown off and add plain flour, cook of for around 30 seconds.
- Cut onions into eighths and cut carrots in half length ways and into 1cm half moon slices.
- Add all ingredients except one tablespoon of tomato paste into the slow cooker. Put on low for 6 hours (keep an eye on the thickness, if too thick add a little water)
- 30mins before serving, add the rest of the tomato paste and season.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today