Light and fluffy, these delicious maple bacon muffins work a treat.
The crispy maple bacon adds a sweet and savoury kick, that will no doubt be a hit.
Easy to whip up, these indulgent muffins make for the perfect snack or picnic companion.
This marvellous recipe includes sweet potato and a maple syrup mixture, combined with mixed spices and raisins, all working together to create a delicious treat. Topped with sunflower seed and cinnamon, these tasty muffins will have you coming back for seconds.
Savoury and sweet, what more could you want?
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 2/3 cup cold mashed orange sweet potato (you will need 250g)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus extra to serve)
- 3 rashers shortcut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine flour, sugar, mixed spice and raising in large bowl.
- Make a well.
- Combine butter, sweet potato, egg, milk and two tbsp maple syrup in seperate bowl.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture among prepared pan holes.
- Combine bacon, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and remaining syrup in a bowl.
- Spoon a little of the mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden.
- Stand in pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Serve warm or cold, drizzled in delicious maple syrup!