This gorgeous mango chicken curry is incredibly delicious and easy to make. It’s perfect for a filling and warming meal any season. Why not give it a try tonight?
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 500ml can coconut milk
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Coriander to garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and capsicum. Cook stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Add the curry powder and cumin, cook for a few more minutes. The spices will absorb some of the oil, so if anything begins to stick too much to the bottom of the pan, add a little more oil.
Ad. Article continues below.
2. Add the vinegar, coconut milk, and one of the two diced mangoes to the pan. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to maintain a low simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Scoop the sauce into a blender. Purée the sauce, pulsing until smooth. Return the sauce to the pan.
3. Add chicken pieces and raisins to the pan. Return to a low simmer. Cover the pan and let cook for 10-12 minutes. Chicken should be just cooked through.
4. Add remaining chopped mango to the pan. Stir in the cream, if using it. Cook at a very low temperature for another minute or two, uncovered. Be careful not to let it boil or the cream may curdle.
5. Service with rice and garnish with coriander!