It’s that time of year again when the kids and grandchildren are making the most of the boiling hot weather during the school holidays.
But why should they have all the fun?
These sweet and tangy treats are the perfect snacks for the hot summer days, whatever your age. And they’re bound to win you some brownie points with the whole family.
They’re healthy and quick to make, ensuring you get those much-needed fruits and vitamins while cooling yourself down with a smooth and tasty snack.
So kick back, relax, and tuck in to these cooling treats:
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 6 strawberries, halved and without stem
- 250g thick plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend the orange juice, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries until mixed well.
- Add the yogurt and maple syrup and continue blending until thoroughly smooth.
- Pour the mixture into six (or however many you wish) lolly moulds.
- Place lids over the moulds, with the sticks pointing inside the mixture.
- Place carefully in the freezer and leave to freeze for four hours – or until frozen.
- Stand in room temperature for a few minutes, allowing the moulds to loosen, before removing the ice pops.