We all love a nice sweet biscuit with our afternoon cup of tea or coffee, and if you’re trying to eat healthier foods, whether you’re watching your weight or just trying to be as healthy as possible, that little treat can be sorely missed.
These super simple and super health banana and coconut biscuits are just the ticket to replace that snack, and you won’t even feel like you’re missing out!
The banana makes them naturally sweet, and the coconut adds a lovely texture. You can add either raisins or chocolate chips if you want to make them a little bit more indulgent. Delicious!
As a bonus, the grandkids will love these too, as will their parents when they realise how healthy they are.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup choc chips or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 175C and line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
2. Mix together all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
3. Scoop out heaped tablespoons of the mixture and form into balls with your hands. Mixture will be crumbly! Place the balls on the prepared baking tray and flatten gently with a fork.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, and allow to cool on the tray. Store in an airtight container.