If you enjoy a sweet treat, this is the recipe for you.
These scrumptious biscuits are made up of a creamy date mixture, completed with cinnamon and rolled oats.
This delicious recipe can easily be adjusted to suit your taste buds. For a delightful afternoon treat, these sweet, chewy biscuits.
- 3/4 cup dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 tbsp boiling water
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 1/3 cup rolled oats
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the dates, bicarbonate of soda and boiling water in medium heatproof bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat butter and combine sugar in large bowl, until creamy.
- Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, oats and date mixture.
- Press tablespoons of mixture together and place on prepared trays, 3cm apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.