Sundried tomato and olive damper
Damper is an Aussie classic but you don’t have to eat it plain – there are plenty of ways to jazz it up, but this amazing sun-dried tomato and olive version takes the cake!
It’s perfect with hummus dip or even with some tomato pasta.
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 50g feta
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 250 ml beer of your choosing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt and oregano in a large bowl then add the feta, sundried tomatoes, olives and roast capsicum. Make a well in the centre and pour in the beer.
- Mix with a knife until the mixture just comes together. Turn mixture out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Shape into a circle, then place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes until the damper is golden and sounds hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.
Ad. Article continues below.
*image is for descriptive purposes only*
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today