This tiramisu is the perfect liqueur dessert for any special event. Use this simple and effortless recipe to cook up a delicious and classic dessert for your friends and family.
Not only will it be a crowd-pleaser, it’s also easy to prepare and completely oven-free!
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2 cups strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup marsala (fortified wine)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
- 1 large packet of sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- cocoa, for dusting
- Combine coffee and marsala into a shallow dish.
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar with electric beaters. Beat until mixture is pale and thick. Add mascarpone and whipped cream. Gently stir until just combined.
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture with a large metal spoon.
- Dip biscuits into the coffee mixture and place on the base of a 19cm square dish, making sure to cover the surface completely. Spread one third of the mascarpone mixture over the biscuit layer. Repeat two more times. Finish with a cream layer. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to cool in refrigerator for 2 hours. Dust with cocoa and serve.