This delicious banana and oat muffin recipe is sure to be a family favourite.
Ad. Article continues below.
If you’re after a tasty and easy snack, these scrumptious muffins work a treat. Rolled oats, mixed with banana and dark chocolate chips, what could be more inviting? And you’ll never even notice that for avocado’s replaced the butter to make them even healthier.
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned, mashed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp rolleed oats, extra
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and chocolate chips in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, avocado and banana in seperate bowl.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and gently stir with wooden spoon until combined.
- Spoon evenly among paper cases.
- Combine extra oats and sugar in small bowl.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over muffin mixture in pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.