Meat patties are a favourite in kitchens around the country and this turkey version is sure to make its way onto your regular rotation.
This tasty recipe uses roast turkey and cranberry sauce to create a yummy meal that is super easy to make and good for you, too. The patties are filled with juicy turkey, roasted vegetables, flavoursome mustard and fine breadcrumbs. The cranberry sauce can also be used to create a tasty salad dressing.
The patties are just as delicious the next day, so heat up any leftovers for a tasty lunch.
- 3 1/2 cups leftover roast root vegetables
- 200g leftover roast turkey, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- mashed pumpkin
Ad. Article continues below.
- In a large bowl, mash up the cooked roast vegetables.
- Add the turkey, breadcrumbs, mustard, and onion and stir until combined.
- flour a plate or chopping board and shape the turkey mixture into 12 patties.
- Lightly coat the patties in flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook the patties.
- Cook them for 2-3minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Once finished, remove and place on a plate to cool slightly.
- To make the cranberry sauce mix the vinegar, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of water and the cranberry sauce in a bowl.
- plate up the patties on a bed of mashed pumpkin and add the sauce to serve.