It’s never too early to start planning your Christmas menu and this delicious recipe is a winner. A fantastic picnic or lunch companion, these zucchini tarts work a treat.
This delicious tart is made up of shortcut pastry and a cheese filling, completed with zucchini, leek and bacon, all working together to create a mouth-watering flavour.
This recipe also goes great with a fresh garden salad on the side.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium leek, sliced
- 2 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated pizza cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk two eggs in medium bowl. Add flour, whisk until smooth.
- Stir in zucchini, leek, bacon, cheese and oil.
- Using a 20cm plate (as a guide), cut a 20cm circle from each pastry sheet.
- Place on prepared trays.
- Spoon mixture into centre of each pastry circle.
- Leaving a 3cm boarder, spread mixture over pastry.
- Fold and pleat pastry border around filling.
- Whisk remaining egg.
- Brush pastry edges with egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
Sprinkle parsley leaves on top and enjoy!