If you have some spare red wine, why not throw a dash on your potatoes for dinner tonight?
Ad. Article continues below.
- 3 – 4 large spuds, sliced
- Splash olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- Add oil to pan or wok and cook for about five minutes turning often.
- Add onion and cook additional three minutes. Stir thyme leaves through.
- Tip into open baking dish and pour over wine.
- Into oven at 180° about 50 minutes or till spuds are soft.
Thanks to Steve for this one! If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us here.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today