Pesto is a favourite of many pasta lovers, as it adds so much flavour in an easy way to the simplest dishes.
This pasta is full of flavour and loaded with veggies, and being quick and easy is perfect for a balanced weeknight meal. It uses simple, accessible ingredients, and the roasting of the asparagus lends the most delicious flavour.
- 225g penne pasta
- 450g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
Ad. Article continues below.
1. Preheat oven to 225C and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, and cook pasta according to the packet directions, then drain.
3. Place asparagus in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss to combine. Place asparagus in a single layer on the lined oven tray and roast for 8-12 minutes, or until tender and crisp. Allow to cool, and then cut into 3cm pieces.
4. Combine pasta, asparagus, pesto, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella in a large bowl, and serve immediately. Add grated Parmesan if desired.