Spinach and feta triangles are one of those meals that are just so easy to whip up in a flash when you need a tasty and easy dinner. They’re packed with iron thanks to all the spinach, while the pastry gives a satisfying crunch with every bite. If you want to get a really nice golden top, brush a little beaten egg over the top of each triangle before putting them in the oven. They come out perfect every time!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bunches English spinach, ends trimmed, washed, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 210C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
Ad. Article continues below.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze out excess moisture. Finely chop.
3. Lightly whisk 1 egg in a bowl. Stir in the spinach, feta and cinnamon. Season with pepper.
4. Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl. Divide the filling among the pastry squares. Brush the edges with egg. Fold in half diagonally to enclose the filling. Pinch the edges to seal. Place the turnovers on the prepared tray. Brush with egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.