Frittata is such a great lunch or dinner option on a hot day, or on a day when you feel like getting rid of any veggies laying around in the fridge. This recipe uses zucchini, baby peas, sundried tomatoes and potato, but you can add in anything else you have on hand or mix it up to create different flavours.
Try sweet potato, mushrooms or spinach, or anything else you like. This version is deliciously cheesy and packed with flavour. Serve it up with a simple side salad and dig in!
- 300g new potato, halved if large
- 4 eggs and 2 egg whites
- Splash of milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Handful mixed soft herbs, such as dill, mint and parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 140g baby peas (defrosted if frozen)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g sundried tomato, drained and roughly chopped
Ad. Article continues below.
1. Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, leave to cool, then thinly slice. Whisk the eggs and egg whites with the milk, garlic, mustard and herbs, and season generously. Add the cream cheese and fold through just a little so that some lumps remain. Heat the grill to medium-high.
2. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a 23cm non-stick frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for about 5 minutes, until they start to turn golden. Add the zucchini and chilli flakes, and continue to fry for a couple mins more. Stir through the peas.
3. Tip the egg mixture into the pan and scatter with the feta and tomatoes. Cook over a gentle heat for 10-12 minutes until almost set. Pop the pan under the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes until puffed, golden and cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here