This delicious passionfruit and vanilla slice is super easy to make thanks to some time-saving shortcuts that mean you can whip up a beautiful treat in no time. The passionfruit icing is perfect for this time of year when tropical flavours work perfectly with our hot summer days. The custard here so perfectly wobbly and smooth, while the lattice biscuits make an easy option instead of pastry. Once you’ve assembled the lot and left it to cool in the fridge, slice it into squares and serve up for a very special afternoon tea treat. Enjoy!
- 1 packet of Lattice biscuits
- 600ml double cream
- 100g packet vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp passionfruit pulp
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
Ad. Article continues below.
1. Line a rectangular baking dish with paper and place a layer of biscuits onto the dish. In a bowl, combine cream and pudding, mix until it becomes thick.
2. Pour mixture onto the biscuit base and add another layer of biscuits on top. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
1. Combine icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and butter in a bowl until it reaches a spreadable consistency. Spread over the top of the slice, then cut into squares and serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here