Pan seared steak with balsamic and basil cherry tomatoes
Need ideas for dinner tonight? Here’s a tasty twist on a classic BBQ steak.
Prep: 10 minutes – Cooking: 30 minutes – Serves: 2
- 2 steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 3.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful of chopped fresh basil
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes in a splash of the olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and a generous coating of salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray (drizzle with the mixture) and roast for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes just burst.
- After they have burst, place the tomatoes in a glass bowl to cool, add in the chopped basil and then set aside.
- Season both sides of the steaks with the salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with olive oil and heat on high, until it begins to smoke.
- Reduce heat to medium high and carefully lower steaks in – make sure not to touch them until you’re ready to turn them. *Depending on thickness, the steaks should take 2-4 minutes per side.
- Once the steaks are rested, spoon the balsamic cherry tomato mixture over them and serve immediately.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today