Melt-in-your-mouth mango beer meat pie
Do you love a great, hearty meat pie? This mango beer meat pie is a twist on your typical gravy pie and tastes even better….
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stick
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 bacon rashers
- 700g beef mince
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 bottles mango beer
- 1 chicken stock pots
- 25g plain flour
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 200C degrees.
- Chop carrots, celery stick, brown onion, garlic cloves, tomato and rashers of bacon and sauté in a frying pan with olive oil until soft.
- Add mince, chicken stock, plain flour and half a bottle of mango beer and a pinch of pepper. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 mins. Allow to cool.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown.
- Line pie dish with pastry and add filling. Place pastry on top of pie/s, crimp edges and pierce with lid with fork. Baste top and edges with milk.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today